Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Author Interview--Mari Carr

Welcome to Tassi's Talk Shop, where I'm excited to introduce and welcome Mari Carr!  Check out my blog to read reviews of the first three books in the Wild Irish series.


Hello and welcome Mari, I'm so glad that you can join me today...

Hey Tassi, thanks so much for the invite!

So your newest release is Sweet Thursday, can you tell us more about it?
Sweet Thursday is the fourth book in my Wild Irish series that's available at Ellora's Cave. (link) Each of the stories revolves around the love and life of one of the Collins clan--seven siblings who live and work at the family pub in Baltimore, Maryland.  In this book, we meet Tristan's (the hero in Waiting for Wednesday) twin brother, Killian.  It was a bit of a challenge to write Killian's story because up until this part of the series, he'd been absent, serving in the military and stationed in Iraq. As the story begins, he and his best friend, Justin are attending their ten-year class reunion when they run into Lily, their best friend from high school.  It turns out she's harbored some regrets in regards to her friends in the decade they've been away and decides it's time to make up for lost time.  Her proposal: one wild night of red-hot menage sex.

What was your inspiration for the Wild Irish series? 
I knew I wanted to try my hand at writing a series, so I spent some time trying to determine an angle.  I love Madison Hayes' Calendar Girls (each book revolves around a month).  Once that idea hit, I thought wouldn't it be cool to do a series based on the days of the week.  From there, I recalled the nursery rhyme, Monday's Child and well, from there--a series was born!

Do you think you'll ever write Pat and Sunday's story? (For those that haven't read the series, Pat and Sunday are the parents to the smoking hawt Collins siblings)
I've actually thought about this A LOT.  And I've had more than a few readers asking for it.  I actually have come up with an idea for the plot of a short story.  I know I won't write it until after I've finished the series of seven and I'm debating on whether or not it will be a Naughty Nooner or a Quickie. Preference? (MY personal preference would be a Quickie...the Nooner's a great as a short, free read from EC...but I think Pat and Sunday deserve at little more)

You're always writing contemporaries, is there any other genre you'd love to give a try? (Not that I'm complaining...but sometimes a smexen vamp or shapeshifter can be HAWT!)
Oh my. I hope none of my writing buddies see this.  I love contemporaries and they are definitely what I'm most comfortable writing.  That said, I sort of started (only briefly) a shifter book.  My friends are pestering me to finish the story and I know I will.  The problem is I have A LOT of stories I want to write right now and no time.

What do you like/dislike in a heroine/hero?
In case you couldn't tell, I like my men strong.  Sort of super alphas.  I don't like weak men and I abhor women who are too stupid to live. (pardon me while I choke on my coffee from laughing so hard!) I want my heroines to be women I'd be proud to call friends.  I also like all my characters - male and female - to have a sense of humor.

Can you give us a heads up on what you're working on now?
I just finished two short stories that I've submitted to Samhain.  Happy Hour has been accepted and should release some time this fall.  It will be the fourth book in my Black & White COllection.  I've also submitted another story that's just a little bit different for me, but I don't want to say too much because it's still in the to-be-read pile and I don't want to jinx myself!  Right now, I'm going to finish Riley's story, Saturday Night Special.  It's a romantic comedy set in Las Vegas (ala The Hangover).  I've been laughing my ass off while writing it.

When you're not writing, what do you enjoy doing with your spare time?
READING, watching Glee, hanging out with my two teenagers, drinking wine (hee hee).

What books/authors would we find on your bookshelf?
Loads!  I love Jayne Rylon, Lora Leigh, Diana Gabaldon, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I'm a huge fan of the bodice ripper romances of the 80's.  Ultimate guilty pleasure--early Catherine Coulter and Iris Johanssen books--love them!

Ok Mari, time for the quick-fire round:
Boxers or Briefs? (on your heroes of course) ~~ Boxers (probably because that's what my hubby wears)
Gerard Butler (in 300) or Orlando Bloom (in the Pirate movies) ~~ Gerry!  He and I are running away together next week.

Coffee or Tea? ~~ Tea, iced, no sugar--drink a gallon of it a day!

Movies or Plays? ~~ Plays.  I go to New York once a year with my daughter and we always hit the old Broadway.

Summer or Winter? ~~ Summer...I'm a school teacher so the reason should be obvious.

Morning or Night? ~~   Morning.  I'm up with the birds.  That's also when 99.9% of my books have been written.

Wow! Thank you for stopping by to chat with me Mari!

It was fun, really enjoyed the questions!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out Mari's website for news and latest releases HERE

xoxo
Tassi


6 comments:

  1. Dammit Tassi no pimping authors and books to me when i cant buy anymore this month! LOL!

    but oooo i love the sound of this series! i do like me some strong alpha menz! and i always love getting my teeth into authors that are new to me =D (Except when they try to steal my man Ger! MINE!! >_> )

    Adding to my buy list!

    Great interview, the "women too stupid to live" part made me giggle too, i detest heroines like that, makes me wanna get all slappity in their faces =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna have a contest in the next couple of weeks and the prize will be ALL FOUR of the books in the series that's currently out. My treat to one lucky winner! Will post the announcement and rules on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo. Thanks so much for letting me take over your blog today, Tassi. And Sparklybearsy...you need to back up off my boyfriend, Gerry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're welcome Mari! I had a blast and am happy you agreed to come take over for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interview, Mari and Tassi! Thanks! And I'm staying out of the fight for Gerry... Mari's got a bunch of boyfriends, and since I loooooove her books, I'm going to let her keep her man-harem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot she had added Gerry to her harem. Love all the siblings and am already for the last books. Write all summer please.

    ReplyDelete